The information in this flyer is based on guidance from the CDC and should help to keep you safe while providing this much needed essential care.
Monitoring Your Client for Emergency Signs
Older people and people with underlying medical conditions are at a higher risk for developing more serious symptoms. If your client’s condition changes, notify the office immediately.
***If you are caring for a client with COVID-19, your focus should be monitoring your client for emergency signs, preventing the spread of germs, and .
Preventing the Spread of Germs When Caring for Someone Who is Sick
- Have the person stay in one room away from other people as much as possible
- While it will be necessary to be close to the client when performing personal care, for the remainder of your visit, try to stay at least 6 feet away from the client and other household members
- Avoid sharing personal household items like dishes, towels or bedding
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Clean all surfaces that are touched often such as counters, tables and doorknobs frequently using household cleaning sprays
- Wash Your Hands often with warm, soapy water for at least 20 seconds
- Wear a Mask when caring for the client.
- 1. If the client has tested positive for COVID-19, you should wear a K95 mask (only wear this mask during direct care for this client; do not wear it elsewhere for any reason)
2. Carefully follow the instructions for putting on, removing and storing your mask
- Wear Gloves as you normally would when providing personal care
- 1. When removing gloves, be careful not to touch the outer part of the gloves with bare hands
2. Always wash your hands thoroughly after removing gloves
- Wear a Gown if you have been provided with one – it should be worn whenever you’re performing personal care. Carefully follow the provided instructions.
We Are Available to Help You
If you have questions or need help, someone in the office is available to speak with you 24/7 for urgent issues or questions. Please call us at (860) 310-1999 or (646) 506-8907, and someone will assist you. Your dedication and commitment to our elderly clients is truly appreciated – they are depending on all of us.
If there is a medical emergency call 911 immediately.